Good Morning and welcome back to the week. I always say this but weekends fly by! Usually I am okay Monday’s, by Tuesday it’s incredibly hard to drag my body out of bed at 4:30am. Miss Buffay is not much help as she grunts and stretches across my face.
Yesterday I felt extremely busy, when in reality I went to the gym and just meal prepped. I think I have just been a bit overwhelmed lately.
On Saturday I hit a different gym. It’s one my friends Mary and Tiffany belong to. Boy did I pick the wrong time to go…
This was my view from the manual stepper. I actually love using the one at this gym because it’s a newer model and I use it the regular way and then I turn backwards. Loads of fun and switches it up. Since I was alone I had to take matters into my own hands.
Can you see me? Look close!
As if I am not crazy enough, I bend over as far as I can at the waist and hold onto the railings at the bottom. Almost like I am going to touch my toes. It kills the booty. I alternate doing about 1 minute this way, and then one minute stepping backwards the regular way. Didn’t want to get dizzy or have all the blood rush to my head 😉
I actually go almost all the way to the bottom, but it was difficult to try to capture that moment.
This gym also had these awesome machines called “Roc-its”. Does your gym have these?
This one is the shoulder press machine and instead of a regular overhead press, the seat rocks back too, creating a crunch in the abs. I was skeptical at first, but I loved it! Plus it forces you to have correct posture since your spine is staying straight the whole time. Great idea!
On Sunday I did biceps and abs. Since I rocked the blue, it was time to wear pink and purple 😉
I did some new things with biceps and want to share my workout:
- EZ bicep curls, 40 lb bar, hands underhand grip fairly close together. 8-10 reps x 4 sets
- Cable bicep curl outs. This one I squat down low so my butt is touching my heels. Elbows go on top of knees- curl the bar out and back in for a pump. KILLER and I’m now obsessed with this one. 40-50 lbs, 8-12 reps x 4 sets
- Side bicep curls using a resistance band, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Cable standing double bicep curl. This is the exercise where you take both cables and flex the biceps in and out. Also a new favorite of mine. 20 lbs each side, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Prone bicep curls (lying over a decline bench), 30 lb bar, 8 reps x 3 sets
- Decline seated hammer curls, 12.5 lb weights. NOW. I didn’t realize how much of a difference sitting on a decline bench would make! I could only do about 3-5 of these on each arm.
I also did more abs, and let me say doing these ab exercises are really making a difference in my body already. Thank goodness I listened to my doctor!
I set up a step that was three tier with a mat and here is what I did:
- Barbell rollouts from the step. This is the same as using the little ab wheel you roll out with. This time it’s a barbell with weights. Knees go on the step and roll out and in with the bar. I did 10-15 reps x 4 sets
- Side crunches with a leg lift, 15 reps x 2 sets each side
- Leg pull ins balancing on bottom, 12 reps x 2 sets
- Pilates V ups, holding for 10 seconds. 3 sets
- Barbell side bends. Basically a side bend but this time the weight goes on the shoulders. Bend to one side and back up, switch to the other side. 12 reps x 2 sets each side. *Note: if you alternate with this exercise you may pull something, I highly suggest focusing on one side at a time*
Progress already! Picture was darkened just to show definition, but no photoshopping at all is ever done on my pictures!
Phoebe says “well look at that, ab exercises do work”
I’m going to miss this little one so much all week! We are inseparable when I’m home.
That’s it for today, since I blog these at night Phoebe and I are super exhausted.
Stay strong and have a great start to the week!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,
P.S. Try out some of the new exercises I listed and let me know what you think!