Gym Rules and Pet Peeves
Yesterday at work I kept pretty busy for most of the day. At times when I was on the floor seeing patients and I couldn’t get to my big Jug O’ Water, I literally thought I was going to pass out from dehydration. My mouth was so dry, it was as if I hadn’t had water in days. Crazy how fast I adapted to drinking this water!
My meals were pretty much the same as the day before (I prepped 2 days worth). I love my 6 small meals, I almost feel like my day goes faster because of it. I take care of the floor work I need to in between meals, and save some of my notes for when I’m sitting down to eat, that way all my work is getting done 🙂 I’m a woman, I multi-task!
I changed for the gym when it was my time to go, ready to hit some chest work! I went right into lifting and then did some cardio in between.
- Bench Presses with Smith machine, 75 lbs, 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Pec squeezes, 15 lb kettles, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Pull ups and chin ups assisted, 10 reps x 2 sets of each
- Push ups with hands on a bench (on toes), 12 reps x 4 sets
- Chest Fly’s machine, 50 lbs, 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Around the world on the stability ball, 10 lbs each hand, 8 reps x 3 sets
- Reverse chest fly on stability ball, 15 lbs each hand, 10 reps x 4 sets
- TRX pushups, 12 reps x 4 sets
- TRX chest pulls, 12 reps x 5 sets
For my cardio I did 15 minutes on the elliptical, a 10 minute run, and 15 minute incline speed walk. I usually sweat more with the incline walks than I do on an elliptical! It’s because I go up to a 10.0 incline and I don’t hold on. Really gets the heart rate up!
Now I’ve been meaning to post this for a while. Since I am a regular gym go-er, I have rules I live by. I also have pet peeves. Here is my list with some explanations for your enjoyment 🙂
- Women that workout with their hair down. – SERIOUSLY? How do you do anything with it in your face? I know I have super long hair, but anything below the ears should be tied up. I usually throw it in a double messy bun (two hair ties) so not one hair bothers me.
- Jeans– Don’t they rub?
- Talking on the phone– If I can hear your conversation even though I’m blasting JT or Muse in my headphones, you are probably shouting a tad too loud
- Standing around talking in between sets and hogging the equipment. If you want the gym to be more of a social event than a workout, fine go for it. But please be polite and step away from the equipment in between your 10 minute spaced out sets!
- Full caked on makeup– I don’t understand this at all. If I wear any coverup or foundation at the gym I will have awful skin for weeks. Unfortunately I used to be guilty of this (not caked on though). I would do cover up here and there, but it only made it worse! Never did a red carpet glamour face, but yes people do it. Makeup remover wipe anyone?
- Not wiping down the equipment after use. This is so gross! I wipe my equipment BEFORE and AFTER use, because I trust no one. Plus pink eye is the gyms best friend it seems.
- Not respecting the headphone signal– If headphones are on, clearly you don’t want to chat. If you want to say something, usually the one ear bud removal says hey I’ll listen, but not for long. If both are removed it says “hey I want to talk”. Respect the rules!
- Crack– Butt crack that is! Sir, madam, whomever, PLEASE pull up your pants. No one wants to see that.
- Heavy Perfume and Cologne. I will get off of the machine and leave because it’s so heavy. Please do not jump in a tub of axe body spray before coming to the gym. I appreciate that you don’t smell like a foot, but this isn’t helping much either.
- Competing with the person next to you. This is when people look over at my machine, and then crank up the speed or resistance. It’s not a competition, know your body and do what works for you, not to beat someone else!
- Hogging free space. Space is hard to come by at the gym. Please be courteous and don’t have your stuff all over the place while working out. Everyone is paying to be there. Share your space so others can lift!
- Not re-racking. When finished please don’t throw your weights down and leave. It’s rude and a safety issue! I often clean up other peoples messes just because I can’t stand it.
- Treating the gym like a meat market. Okay I realize lots of people meet at the gym, it’s where you find people with similar interests as yourself. But I’m not into the whole flirting scene. If you are standing there flirting with a guy or girl more than you are working out, move away from the equipment. I’m there to workout, not pick up a date!
- Stalking my parking space at the gym. Okay it’s a gym, you came to workout, yet you can’t park in the space two lanes down from me and walk the extra feet? You do realize you are about to exercise right?
- HYGIENE– the most important one. Please shower and wear deodorant, it’s just respectful of those around you! But see rule #8 and don’t go overboard!
I really hope I do not offend anyone with my list of pet peeves/rules. This was meant to be fun, but also hint at the truth! I’m sure most of you can relate 🙂
Anyway, when I came home from the gym my Phoebe was SO happy to see me. We got into a bit of a scuffle yesterday morning because I woke up at 5:25 (eek- I have to be out the door at 5:30), and I was running back and forth throwing on clothes and trying to get her food together. Well Miss Buffay decided she was going to hide under the couch when I tried to put her in the bathroom. She’s so small it’s hard to catch her! She wasn’t too happy and I wasn’t either. I still arrived at work on time though.
We kissed and made up 🙂
Sorry for the lack of pics today, I was trying to get in and out of work and the gym and didn’t really stop to take any! But please enjoy this other picture of my baby girl
Tomorrow I will feature a most common, I didn’t have time earlier and ran out of chicken breast too! I’ll be picking some up today when I make my big Wegmans trip! YAY! I go about once every 3 weeks. I love Wegmans.
Enjoy your Friday!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,
Ugh! I 100% agree with your rules! Especially trying to get a date and wearing your hair down! I have shoukder length hair and my ponytail hokder broke in the locker room before I went to work out and I felt disgusting and kept getting mad because it kept getting in my face! I left the gym early one day because they two guys kept watching every single move I made and I was just super uncomfortable, I couldn’t stand that they were looking at me the way they we re, like they were trying to come up with pick up lines. Ewww!
Yes I originally had people that stare on my list too! But erased it because I thought well they might think I’m full of myself… lol
Lol! Your definitely not full of yourself by saying that! Anyone whose gotten that “you’re a piece of meat” stare would completely understand what you meant!
this happens every leg day. It always kills me too, because i’m sweaty in leggings with no makeup on and a beat red face and they STILL look at you like meat. Seriously? You’d be a lot bigger if you spent that time lifting something….uuuuugh
Yep! Some days it’s worse than others. My BFF and I joke about it. SOUND THE ALARMS THERE IS A WOMAN IN THE WEIGHT ROOM! lol
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns
Omg this post had me laughing so much! It’s ridiculous that people actually do this kind of stuff! Sometimes I just want to ask them, where you raised with manners??? I think grocery shopping is the bomb lol. Seriously one of my favorite things to do. Enjoy your weekend 🙂
These are REGULAR things for me too. It’s not stuff that happened once or twice. Consistent. People are crazy! I’m big on respecting the headphones rule!
I absolutely hate the smell of cologne/perfume. It’s nauseating.
*while at the gym
me too, sometimes I’d rather smell funk than heavy perfume! ugh
Love your rules, so true. But at the same time, you had me cracking up!!!