Spin Class For One
Good Morning Bloggies,
Welcome back to Monday! Okay let’s jump right into what is important from yesterday. The VMAs. Yes I am 28, and yes I still watch MTV. You all knew I was going to especially if Justin Timberlake was performing and ESPECIALLY with rumors circulating that Nsync may be reuniting.
Remember a few weeks back when John Stamos performed on Jimmy Fallon as Jesse and the Rippers and I said my life was made? Well that my friends was part one of my life being made. Nsync reunited last night and there I was in my apartment at 11pm at night with a smile on my face from ear to ear doing the choreography along with them.
She’s talking about JC busting out a few solo lines at the end to try and steal a moment. Sorry bud! You lose.
This conversation continued by me talking about Miley Cyrus thinking she was going to be the talk of the VMAs. Well that was the case until Mr. Timberlake showed up and wowed us all! I will give Miley the moment she was clearly looking for. I was very confused and appalled at the entire thing. She was up there first as a teddy bear, then with no clothes on, her tongue flailing every which way, proving to us she is in fact grown up. Well yes you may be grown, but you have a lot of growing up to do girlfriend! What the heck happened to Hannah Montana? Casey do not let Bella watch that mess of a performance, gross!
Moving on from fun times and disasters that were last night…
I was back to my old self at the gym. I went into TOTAL BEAST MODE yesterday. First I started with a really hard core spin session. I made a playlist and did my own class. I will make this into a little image later and pin it for those that want to do it 🙂 All movements are on beat to the music!
- Big Freeze, Muse. Warm-up and cruise with light resistance
- Blurred Lines, Robin Thicke/TI/Pharrell. Seated climb, standing climb on the chorus
- Cryin’, Aerosmith. Standing climb, hover climb over the seat during the chorus
- Holy Grail, JayZ & JT. Seated climb and standing sprint during the chorus
- Ms. New Booty, Bubba Sparx. Fast cycle with sprints!
- Please Remember Me, Scotty McCreery. Cruise track seated
- Battlefield, Jordan Sparks. Jump Track! Up and down for 4 beats and 2 beats
- Titanium, David Guetta. Standing sprint track
- We Can’t Stop, Miley Cyrus. Heavy seated climb!
- Brokenheartsville, Joe Nichols. Standing climb (turn resistance every 30 seconds), then sprint last 30 standing.
- The Story, Brandi Carlile. Cool down Cruise.
I killed this workout! I wish I had my heart rate monitor with me to see how many calories it burned, but it wasn’t in my gym bag. It was about 50 minutes long 🙂
I didn’t stop there either! I did an arm workout. Here it is:
- Cable tricep overhead extensions, 45 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Cable bicep curls, 50 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Cable tricep pulldowns, 50lbs, 12 reps x 3 sets, then 60 lbs, 1 set of 8
- Cable bicep row, 70 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- V crunches on moving captains chair. 12 reps x 3 sets, then 10 reps x 2 sets on the sides. Heres how I stand on it:
- Then I hit the BATTLING ROPES! Those long crossfit ropes. I did the classic up and down movement. 30 alternating reps, 2 sets with a 10 second break in between. I did 4 big sets of these! (so 8) PHEW!
- Then the rowing machine for 5 minutes
- Bicep plate curls, 25 lbs, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Tricep pushups on bench, 10 reps x 3 sets
- Prone bench bicep curls (curl over the bench-lay on your belly). 30 lbs, 12 reps x 3 sets
- Another 5 minutes on the rowing machine
- Finished with chin holds and mini pull up pulses.
This was a different kind of workout for me and I really felt dead when I finished. Now let’s talk about what’s going on in the pictures below…
I look like THE HULK! Add 5 extra pounds on me and it goes straight to my arms. Now with the muscle I already have it looks like I have photoshopped someones arm on me. I have not messed with these pictures at all. That is in fact my man beast of an arm.
It doesn’t look as crazy big here, but still a little bigger than I prefer. I need to lean out these weapons some!
When I left I hit Starbucks for the biggest iced coffee they make with a shot of espresso and soy milk.
I love coffee… too much!
And when I rolled up to G-Mama and Pop Pops I noticed something in the driveway…
Uh oh, this means one thing. My dog peed on it!
As I type this my little girl is at my parents house and I’m thinking why the heck is she not with me. I can’t tell you how many times I dropped something on the floor and hurried up to snatch it without thinking “oh wait theres not a dog here to take it and run”. This is my daily life. If I drop anything on the floor, Phoebe is so fast she zooms under my feet and takes it and then takes off running. I yell “darnit Phoebe” and chase her into my room.
Every. Single. Night.
But I love my pup. And I miss her like crazy. Sorry Pop Pop…. looks like I will be coming to get my baby boo boo sooner than later.
Hope everyone has a great Monday 🙂
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,
wow, loving the muscles on you girl! I think the 5 pounds you gained was definitely pure muscle! Your spin workout looks great too, glad to see you are back to your normal self! Have good day Tam x
Thanks! I’m about to bust outta my shirt lol
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne
Seriously love your hulk arms!! Now that was a beast mode! Your arms will lean out in no time 🙂 Aw, where was Phoebe? Hahaha I saw on twitter last night everyone tweeting about Justin and NSYNC, I was wondering if you watched it. Have a great day 🙂
You know I was watching girl!!!!
your arms… amazballs!! they do not look like man beast arms at all! more like amazing muscle lady arms 🙂
Aw thanks! They are a tad massive.
OK…I get that Miley wants us to know she’s not a little girl anymore, BUT come on! That was a little much – very awkard…and I was embarrassed for her! That whole tongue thing, and grabbing her junk – no thanks. Being sexy is one thing….being raunchy is another. G.R.O.S.S. (I do really like Robin Thicke though..she ruined his moment). LOVED the Justin T ‘concert’…ummm yea the JC thing…what?? It’s like he wanted people to notice him….fail in my eyes. Your arms look great!
Yes still shocked. Not in a good way. She should be really embarrassed! I’m not a prude by any means but that was straight up GROSS! Get your act together girl.