3 Times the Fun
Good Morning friends and Happy Saturday!
Did you enjoy your Black Friday? I was up early at 7am to hit the gym with my girlfriends. I traveled to their gym so we could sweat out the Thanksgiving turkey! I thought the roads were going to be packed and to my surprise they were empty. Even when I was driving in the afternoon traffic was not bad at all. I guess people do all their shopping at midnight now, or people are smart enough to stay indoors and partake in cyber Monday instead (this girl).
Anyway I was looking forward to meeting my friends and doing some people watching at a new gym! Isn’t people watching the best? I don’t even try to hide it. Sorry mister, I’m not being a creeper watching you because I think you are awesome, I’m watching you because I am intrigued that you decided it was a good idea to stretch that way.
I made it a shoulder day. My favorite 🙂 But first I took a few selfies because it was empty and there was plenty of room for me to do so!
Not sure what the gentleman behind me is doing…
I did quite a bit of cardio to burn off the mac and cheese and biscuits from turkey day. Felt really good. Here was the bulk of my workout:
- 10 minute stair master (I liked this new/old style stair master- much nicer than the old style ones at my gym).
- Front delt raise, 10-15 lb weights, 10 reps
- Clean and press, 40 lb bar, 6 reps
- Squats with 40 lb bar, 12 reps
Repeat lift 4 times without breaks
- 10 minute treadmill session
- 30 lb kettle bell swings, 15 reps
- 30 lb side bends, 10 reps
- 25 lb bent elbow delt raise
Repeat lift 4 times without breaks
- 30 minute incline elliptical session with sprints and heavy resistance *and some girl talk* 😉
And the rest of my lift:
- 40 lb kettle bell upright rows, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Elbow to knee standing oblique crunch, 12 lb kettle in hand, 12 reps x 2 sets each side
- Alternating punches with 10 lb weights, 30 reps x 4 sets
- Lat pulldowns, 50 lbs, 10 reps x 3 sets
- Cable Rotator cuff abductions, 15-20 lbs, 8-10 reps x 3 sets each side
- Assisted pull ups, 8 reps x 3 sets
- Low cable wood chops, 20-30 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets each arm
- Smith shoulder shrugs, 80 additional lbs, 10 reps x 3 sets
- Shoulder press, 40 lb bar, 10 reps x 4 sets
Wow I didn’t realize how much I did! Time gets away from me when I focus.
In my best hometown voice: gotta love dem shoulders hon! 🙂
The girls and I snapped a few pics before gym time was over. Don’t you just love how women go into the “pose” when our pictures are taken? None of us said anything, but we all did the same one. Hand on hip, foot cocked up, hip out. We obviously have perfected our pose over the years since there was not any preparation for this picture. Oh girls… 😉
These girls are so great. And it’s wonderful having friends that you have something in common with. Fitness is a HUGE part of who I am, so it’s hard for me to have friendships stay strong when people do not share the same feelings. These girls have it!
After the gym I stopped at Wegmans down the street. This isn’t the one I normally go to and I was THRILLED. It was completely empty and it was around 11am. I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t have to dodge carts or wait in line at all. A complete dream come true. During my trip I snacked on almonds I had in my bag and an unsweetened iced coffee with soy milk. It may have been about 35 degrees out, but I still like iced coffees in the cold.
The rest of my day was pretty lazy. I was extremely tired, so I spent the rest of my day napping, doing a few chores around the apartment, and folding laundry. I would rather clean my bathroom than fold laundry. I hate it! Anyone else with me? I think it’s because I do SO much at one time instead of small loads, that I see the huge pile and dread it. I just wear too many darn gym clothes. Man did I take those days for granted when G-Mama did my laundry. She spoiled us all rotten! Moms are the best 🙂
Speaking of my awesome mom, she bought me this incredible scarf because she knows how much I love them. Always thinking of her Minnie Pooh. I have to say, you know your mom is pretty cool when she buys you a skull scarf. I’m obsessed with it!
The plan was to record yesterday, but since I went into lazy Katie when I came home, that didn’t happen. And the real truth….
I didn’t want to do my hair and makeup
I did my makeup the day before for Thanksgiving! I can’t do 2 days in a row. I just can’t. It’s funny how much we change over the years. I never thought I’d be the girl who hated to wear makeup.
Oh and how is Phoebs? Well she is just dandy. Eating her turkey bacon and loving life!
I have a busy day ahead of me, so I think I will just stick with a Monday blog. Have a wonderful Saturday 😀
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,