A Pup That Says “What’s Up”
Saturday! Did you sleep in? I hope so!
I did successfully complete leg day, and it was just loaded with squats and lunges. No machines required. Felt good to change it up a bit, and my bum is already sore!
But before we get to that, I was at G-Mama’s today and Phoebs and I were lounging on the couch until G-Mama and Pop Pop came home from Christmas Shopping.
You may not believe me and think I am a tad crazy, but Phoebe talks. Even G-Mama says she has never heard a dog talk the way Phoebe does. At first I thought it was her way of whining or crying, but she just wants to communicate with me! I swore one day she said “what’s up” and G-Mama heard her say “No” yesterday.
Okay, I’ve gone to the bad place haven’t I?
My dad also put up the Christmas Tree. Phoebe watched from afar..
The tree ending up having to come down, because some of the lights were burnt out (they bought a new one, no worries). But while trying to take it down to the basement, my dad didn’t think I could help lift the tree. G-Mama and I pretty much laughed at this idea, because we both know I can lift more than the average man! I may be small, but I’m strong. Needless to say, I could lift it with one hand 😉 Strong Women ROCK!
Tomorrow I am going over to help decorate the tree, can’t wait! 🙂
My gym session was a good one. I had some stress to relieve so it really felt good. Like I said, I focused more on squats and body work, rather than machines.
Also included my regular arc trainer cardio.
- Squats using a 44lb bar on the shoulders. 15 reps x 4 sets, pulse after each set for 8
- Overhead squat (first time trying these, my advice is BE CAREFUL). These are the squats where you lift that bar above your head and squat down and up. I had trouble with them, it was my first time though, and practice makes perfect! 10 reps x 4 sets
- Alternating lunges walking across the gym. 5 lb weights in each hand. I went from one end of the floor to the other. It was probably about 50 lunges total, sorry I didn’t count!
- Standing lunges. Holding a 12 lb weight, step back into a lunge, take the weight and using your obliques, turn the weight towards the outside of the forward knee (it will skim the outside of it like you are rowing- do this as you lunge). 15 lunges each leg x 2 sets
- Alternating lunges again, 30 total (no weights)
- Split stance squats on a stepper. One leg goes up on the step, the other one on the floor. Squat down and up. 15 reps x 2 sets each leg
- Lunges using the stepper focusing on one leg. 10 reps x 2 sets each leg
- I finished off this portion with a squat hold. Hold as low as you can for ONE MINUTE. At the last 20 seconds do small pulses up, last 5 seconds, lift your heels!
AND THEN IT HAPPENED… There was a piece of equipment in front of me, and there was this young guy next to me. I’d say no more than 20. He probably was 16, but I’ll give him a little credit. He said “Ma’am are you using that?” MA’AM!??? When did I become Ma’am! I’m 27, and I think I look young for my age! Or at least that’s what I’ve been told! My heart sunk and I immediately could feel the loss of elasticity in my face and the wrinkles setting in… 🙁 I know he was being polite, but man did I feel like an old lady!
Because I was pissed, I finished up with some short interval work. Squat jumps (jumping touching the floor, and reaching to the ceiling). 10 reps x 2 sets. Then some mountain climbers for 30 seconds.
This old lady was feeling super strong after! Wrinkle face cut out 😉
Oh and don’t forget the planks! Obliques and regular 🙂 Holding each one for about 30-45 seconds.
Tomorrow is a rest day for me, have to treat the body right!
Remember, no recipe today, but feel free to head over to the Recipes page to see if you missed any!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,