Big Day of Before & Afters
Just like Phoebe’s nap…today’s blog will be short (she’s quite an active little thing!)
I am going to jump right into the recipe and workouts, so we can get to the good stuff!
It’s crunchy, it’s sweet, it has a zing, and it goes GREAT with burgers (or anything really)
SO healthy and SO simple! Make some tonight 🙂
Today (Sunday for me, Monday for my readers) is CHEST DAY! No this is not just for the boys… What is it about guys and chest day? Little do they know, we like shoulders and back way more (well at least I do!)
I started with 30 minutes of arc trainer goodness. Make sure when you do the arc trainer you don’t do the same speed and incline the whole time. I increase the incline as I go and also play around with the resistance for my entire workout. I max the machine out to really work on strength training, and then I work on my speed by putting a light resistance and moving as fast as I can. Try this out!
Onto chest I went, believe it or not this is important for the ladies too so make sure you include this in your weekly routine
- Chest presses using the machine. 40 lbs, 15 reps x 4 sets (last 2 sets I upped to 50lbs)
- Cable chest flys (you are going to take up a lot of room on this one because you are using both sides/2 handles). Open and close your arms in front of you. Fly like a bird 🙂 40 lbs. 12 reps x 4 sets
- Standing chest pulls using cables. Move the handles to the last peg, lifting the handles and your arms straight up in front of you and back down (not a bicep curl, but there is a slight bend in the elbow). 40 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
- Cable chest presses. 50 lbs, 12 reps x 3 sets
- Standing butterfly’s using dumbbells. Hold the dumbbells at head height like you are going to do a standing shoulder press. Close your elbows in towards your body, then open them back up (open and closing movement). 12 lbs, 15 reps x 2 sets. Then 15 lbs, 15 reps x 2 sets
- Side bends 25lb kettle bell 20 reps x 2 sets each side
- Side twists using a 10lb medicine ball 30 reps x 2 sets
- Standing oblique crunch using a 10 lb weight in one hand. Raise your left knee at a diagonal to your elbow (weight in hand). So your entire body crunches in (elbow to knee). 15 reps x 2 sets each side!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,