Clean Plate Club
Just another Manic Monday! They have this thing in Baltimore on one of the news channels where the newscaster picks a town nearby and they sing it. Pretty corny, but it’s cute. I don’t get to see it anymore because I’m already working, but it’s quite a sight!
I started yesterday morning with some awesome protein pancakes that will be featured on Veria.com soon! I’ll let you know when the recipe is up, but for now here is a picture of what I ate!
I started eating…
And then I was in the clean plate club…
Phoebe and I headed to G-Mama’s and we watched Breaking Dawn Pt. 2. I saw in the theaters of course, but couldn’t wait to re-watch it again. I have to say you have to be a twi-hard to love these movies. I must have read the books 20 times because they are such an easy read and comfort me when I’m stressed or upset. The movies however are super corny, and so bad they are good, but I love them regardless! G-Mama and I both agreed the makeup is horrendous. All that money and they couldn’t get better makeup people? Oh well.
By far, the first Twilight is the best. When Edward Cullen walks in that cafeteria, oh boy. It’s my all time favorite scene. I just love it. Brings me back to when I was applying to PA school and worrying where I was going in life! When I saw it in the theaters G-Mama clapped when he walked in and said it reminded her of John Travolta coming on the screen for the first time in Grease (also a great movie). Can you tell I love my mom? I think I’ve made that pretty clear since I talk about her all the time!
I snacked on these things during the movie:
After twilight I dozed for a few minutes then headed to the gym to do some arms! I just LOVE the gym on a Sunday evening. It’s pretty empty and I have my choice of equipment without having to say excuse me every 2 seconds to get by some guy standing around talking to his “bro”.
I started with 22 minutes on the stairmaster then hit arms (remember I alternate bicep and triceps without breaks to maximize calorie burn!)
- Cable bicep curls, 40 lbs 12 reps x 2 sets, then 50 lbs 10 reps x 2 sets
- Tricep cable push downs, 50 lbs, 15 reps x 2 sets, then 60 lbs 12 reps x 2 sets
- Skull Crushers laying on bench with 30 lb bar, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Ribcage presses with 30 lb bar, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Bicep push outs with 30 lb bar, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Tricep Kickbacks with 17.5 lb weights, 12 reps x 3 sets
- Hammer curls with 17.5 lb weights, 12 reps x 3 sets
- Tricep overhead pullover with cable rope, 40 lbs 12 reps x 4 sets
- Rope hammer curls, 40 lbs, 12 reps x 2 sets, then 50 lbs, 12 reps x 2 sets
- Uppercut punches standing on bosu, 15 lb kettles, alternating 12 reps each side x 4 sets
- Tricep dips on the bench, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Cable single arm tricep kickback, 10 lbs 10 reps x 2 sets, then 15 lbs 10 reps x 1 set
- Cable single arm bicep curl, 25 lbs 10 reps x 3 sets
I also did an additional 20 minutes of arc trainer (but used the one with the handles)
I picked up my girl and we went home to meal prep and make dinner! You know that shredded chicken breast I posted yesterday? Happy to say that my recipe idea was a success! So today I share with you these luscious Butternut Squash Chicken Burgers
These are seriously my new favorite burger! I liked it more than a turkey burger! So different. And once again I was a member of the clean plate club. Definitely click and find out what these are all about because they are delicious 🙂
My meal prepping included these burgers and some salads
I also made a new batch of my dijon dressing. I only had 1/2 a tablespoon of honey, so had to use agave nectar. I’m sure it’ll taste just as good.
I also did laundry and while blogging this, I turned around to my pile of folded clothes and found this
No they didn’t fall on the floor, a little pomeranian is the cause of this. Notice the toys surrounding and her brown pillow she lays on. If a pom isn’t guilty, she certainly doesn’t run under the couch!
My BFF DiPeppe agreed to help me with training my little bugger! And let me say, the sooner the better!
Hoping for a speedy week! I’m already ready for the weekend again
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,