Cougars, Dolphins, and Justin Beaver
Now that I have calmed down after the Phoebe incident (see yesterday’s post), I can jump into life from today.
Currently I am on the phone with a certain cable company, trying to get my TLC and Bravo back. This is a NIGHTMARE. Calling the cable company is one of the worst things ever. It had to be done though, because let’s face it, I can’t live without my trash tv. After 30 minutes of plugging, unplugging, and rebooting, Dave fixed by box and I am now back to a world of Sister Wives and Extreme Cougars!
Earlier today, Phoebe and I returned home from G-Mama’s and after the awful vet visit of 2012, I gave her a new toy. She loves these tiny Kong toys. They don’t have a lot of stuffing, and she squeaks them super loud and carries them everywhere. Well yesterday we found a new character!
So excited… Phoebe would like to introduce Justin Beaver
I was in the mood for something spicy, since I’ve been so HEATED lately! I thought it was only appropriate. Spicy Seitan Sausages. This is a simple meat substitute I love to make. And cheaper than the stores! Try me 🙂
ONE of these sausages has only 48 calories, less than 0.5 grams of fat, and 9.2 grams of protein!
My workout today made me feel like an animal! I love days when I finish a workout and I’m sweaty and gross. It feels like a great accomplishment! Today I started with Mr. Stairmaster and I hit it super hard. I made a short video for you guys too! This shows the moves I do that I was talking about a view days ago. WARNING: I do not look good… but who does when they REALLY workout?
I did a chest workout too. And then went back to finish my cardio on the Stairmaster. I hit the stairs mega hard today as you see, and it felt good! If you can’t do it for a long time, break it up into sections, it really makes a difference! 🙂
I used the cables today for this. Here’s what it looks like
See the two handles? I use both for standing chest presses, fly’s, and pulls
- Chest Presses 25lbs each side (50 total). 15 reps x 4 sets. Up your weight last 2 sets! (put the handles at shoulder height)
- Chest Flys 20lbs each side (40 total). 15 reps x 4 sets. Up your weight last 2 sets! (put the handles near the top and fly in and out)
- Chest Pulls 10lbs each side (20 total). These are harder because you are putting the handles at the bottom and pulling up and out, arms with a slight bend in elbow. 10 reps x 4 sets
Now I moved to dumbbells and did open and close. Elbows bent using 15lb dumbbells. Like you are going to do a shoulder press. Open and close your arms as you squeeze your chest. 12 reps x 3 sets
Onto some side bends, 20 reps x 2 sets each side (25lb plate)
And then Captains Chair…
- Lift your knees up (you balance your upper body on arm rests). 15 reps x 2 sets
- Straight leg lifts. 10 reps x 2 sets
- Alternating Oblique twists lifting knees up. 20 reps x 2 sets
Finished today with some good stretching
And home I went to my baby girl…
Tomorrow is shoulder day! Yippeee
Back to the week we go!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,