Yesterday I did glutes. I had to go solo on this one and I thought I’d share my little fanny workout with you all on this beautiful Friday!
I’m here to give you a bikini booty even if you are not going to compete, because really don’t we all want one of those?
- Warm up– 15 minutes on the spin bike. The first 3 minutes seated. Standing for 2. The remainder of the 10 minutes alternate with jumps (seated for 5-10 seconds, standing for 5-10 seconds), standing climbs, and hovering back over the seat to work the glutes. Keep seated work minimum! Hovering really burns.
- Smith machine squats with feet together, 10-12 reps x 3 sets
- Hip thrusters on a bench (shoulders on bench), plate on hips. 10-14 reps x 4 sets
- Box step ups with a glute squeeze kickback at the top. SAME LEG for 15 reps
- Alternate the above with Kickback pulses for 15 (leg up, pulse the glute up. To make it more challenging lower the front of the body to the bottom of the box (hold at the bottom), 15 reps. Repeat the box step up and pulse sequence on the other leg. You will do this 3 times each leg and then barely be able to walk 😉
- Side lunge with kettlebell touching the ground for 14 reps x 4 sets
- Alternate the above with TRX glute/hamstring pull ins (if you do not have a TRX do a stability ball like pictured below)
I finished with cable kickbacks. My favorite!
Then I had to do a little more cardio to wrap things up. I planned on 20 minutes on the step mill, but that turned into only 10. To work the glutes more I skip steps and extend my leg out behind me. So why did I do 10 minutes? Well my phone decided all of a sudden the screen was going to die…. YES FOLKS I AM WITHOUT A PHONE.
And frankly, I’m going a little crazy. Hopefully this afternoon I will have a new phone in my hands… probably one I had to empty my bank account for, but really I need my phone. It’s what I use the most.
To top my night off within one hour of my phone breaking the following things happened:
- My fridge decided it was going to leak copious amounts of water
- I broke one of the drawers off my fridge because the water had frozen creating a seal over the drawer
- I dropped a glass bottle of hot sauce
- I cried… then cried some more
But then I got it together and said okay, it’s just a phone. You will have it tomorrow, the fridge will be fixed and you can buy more hot sauce. The weekend is here and I can’t let a little string of bad luck ruin it. I still had my computer so I had some contact with the outside world. Social media for the win!
I end today sharing some BIG QUEST NEWS! My friends over at Quest Nutrition sent me the new product to try! It’s been a secret but I had my hands on this big box 2 days ago.
Yes, chips that are low in carbs and high in protein. Holy moly.
They come in 3 flavors so far: sea salt, BBQ, and cheddar and sour cream. My favorite is the BBQ. They really taste like other baked chips, but WAY less carbs and a great protein boost. I’m not sure how they did it, but Minnie loves to crunch. Now I can #CrunchClean
The macros: 120 calories, 1.5-2g of fat (depending on flavor), 5g of carbs, 21 grams of protein
If you want to try these chips, click the quest logo below and you can order them!
Thank you Quest Nutrition for sending these my way! I’m so honored you chose me to test out the new stuff 🙂
Have a great Friday!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,