Phew what a week, but it’s now Friday! Tony and I are both off and going to enjoy a day in the DC area 🙂
We knocked out a little cardio already too.
Training comes later today. I’m pretty sure I’ll be doing legs, but my knees have been bothering me a bit, so it might be an arm, chest day instead. Last night I ended up doing shoulders, and I thought I’d share my routine with you guys!
- Warmup– 10 lb weights. 10 lateral raises, 10 shoulder presses, 10 upright rows. Repeat 1 other time
- Lateral raises, drop set. I picked 20 lb weights then 12.5, but pick something challenging for you. 15 reps with the heavier weight, then immediately 15 reps with the lighter weight. 3 sets total.
- Single arm Lateral raises, cables. 12-15 reps each arm for 6 sets.
- Front raises using the cable rope, drop set. 15 reps heavy, then immediately 15 reps light. 3 sets total.
- Rear delt raises. Pick a challenging weight for 15 reps. 4 total sets.
- Shoulder presses, SITTING on the ground. This works your core a lot! You won’t be able to go as heavy as normal, but it’s super tough. 15 reps for 4 sets. Try with your legs straight out in front of you first. If it’s too hard, cross them.
- Upright rows with kettle bell. 25 lbs, 20 reps x 2 sets. Then single arm with 15 lbs, 10 reps x 2 sets each arm.
Try this out your next shoulder day! I love anything that hits the lateral deltoid a lot, so I did plenty of those exercises.
If you want to throw in some cardio, but do not have access to equipment, check out my BFF Sarah and her recent post on some HIIT plyometric cardio.
I mean obviously she knows what she’s doing. Look at this stunner!
I’m so excited lately because Tony and I have been talking about taking a trip somewhere in November just for a few days. We talked about either New Orleans or Nashville, but one day he said to me “What about Seattle?”. My face lit up. In Seattle is Sarah! This is another reason I love Tony so much. He said “I know Sarah is so important to you and I want to meet her”. So off to Seattle we go in a few months. I CAN’T WAIT!
Plus UH Starbucks Roastery? I’m coming for you too!
That’s it for today. Enjoy your weekend and try out the shoulder workout 🙂
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,