It’s Not Always a Kitchen Miracles
Yep, that’s all I have to say about that one. Coming back from a long holiday weekend is not fun, nor is it fun when you realize you won’t have another day off in a while!
Yesterday I started my morning off with a juice and a Quest bar. Nothing beats that combination! Phoebe was right by my side as I updated my blog.
Then we went to G-Mama’s and I hit the gym. I was feeling it from my back workout the day before, so I decided to do the stepmill for 30 minutes, the arc trainer for 15, and then hit some ab work. Usually I am not a fan of doing ab exercises, but every now and then it’s important to work those muscles to keep them strong. Plus I was feeling a little “flabby” lately, so I needed to beef up that area a bit.
Here was my workout:
- Plank on elbows, 1 minute hold x 2 sets
- Plank on hands with alternating knee crunch, 1 minute x 2 sets
- Side bends with 30 lb kettle, 12 reps x 3 sets each side
- Standing oblique crunch holding 12 lb kettle (left knee to right elbow-weight in this hand), 12 reps x 2 sets each side
- TRX ab pikes, 12 reps x 3 sets
- TRX pilates lift and lower (sit on butt bones, legs straight out at 45 degrees, hold TRX handles for balance, lift and lower legs while holding abs tight)
- Bicycle crunches, 20 alternating x 2 sets
- 15 lb Kettle pulse ups (sit on butt bones, pulse up and back down holding abs tight), 15 reps x 3 sets
After picking up my girl I ran a few errands including a coffee stop!
Then, I came back home to work on some new projects. I really wanted to make casein cookies and they failed MISERABLY.
How about a cupcake? Take two:
How about a whoopie pie? Take three:
It kind of worked, but nothing I was super proud of 🙁
So folks, I am not always a whiz in the kitchen! Whenever I make big plans for a recipe they fail, then when I throw things together they are my best recipes!
For dinner I ended up “planning” for some yummy Mexican lentils. I used my fresh homemade salsa in the mix, along with some Fiesta Mrs. Dash. It had lots of promise. I paired it with 2 pieces of tilapia coated with the vegan mayo I bought the other day and more Mrs. Dash.
The lentils were NOT good. I didn’t eat them. Another fail… 🙁 The fish was on point though!
I finished my night with some light meal prepping including ground turkey, cauliflower, and a big batch of green juice for the mornings. I didn’t add frozen banana or ice cubes to it since it will melt right away. I added some apple instead to bulk it up!
I have to say I did have an amazing 4 days off. I spent time doing what I love, blogging! I feel like I am back to my old self and I love it. I am very grateful to all my readers who encourage me to continue to write. Every day I stop and think wow people are actually reading this! Keeps me humble, but I feel accomplished at the same time. So thanks guys 🙂 Sometimes you just have to….
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,