Machine for Monday
Good Morning Everyone!
I feel refreshed after this weekend. I did some hard core workouts, slept in, went grocery shopping for healthy items, and turned my frown into a smile.
Yesterday Phoebe and I fully planned on getting up between 7:30 and 8, but I hit snooze and we slept a little later. Let me tell you… that dog snores LOUD! I’m talking I couldn’t fall asleep Saturday night because it was so loud. She’s 5 pounds and snores louder than a human. Does your pet snore?
After breakfast and changing, I packed up my pup up for G-Mama’s and then I went to the gym. For a change I started with lifting. I did back and shoulders:
- Rear delt fly’s, 25 lb weights, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Shoulder shrugs, 40 lbs, 8-10 reps x 3 sets
- Lat pulldowns, 50 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Cable rows, 70-80 lbs, 10-12 reps x 4 sets
- Underhand grip cable rows, 80 lbs, 10 reps x 4 sets
- 12 minute cardio break! Stair master 🙂
- Straight arm lateral raises, 10 lb kettles, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Forward raise, 30 lb barbell, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Straight leg deadlifts, 60 lb barbell, 10 reps x 2 sets
- Regular dead lifts, 60 lb barbell, 12 reps x 3 sets (I alternated with the exercise below)
- Wide grip rows, 60 lb barbell, 10 reps x 3 sets
- Delt abductions- 20 lb dumbbells, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Seated shoulder presses, 15 lb dumbbells, 12-15 reps x 4 sets
Finished with 30 minutes on the spin bike! And some stretching
I love when I can see my delts!
Back doesn’t look too shabby either 😉
When I left the gym I felt like a monster! Don’t you love when you walk out and feel like you could conquer the world? It’s a good feeling. This is my beast face:
Back at G-Mama’s we chit chatted and Phoebe chomped on this bone. She always has to be right next to me or else she cries!
We headed home a little early for a Sunday, but I knew I had a massive meal prep in my future. These past few weeks I have been terrible about my nutrition. Not saying I’ve been grabbing donuts, but during the day at work I’d live off of coffee, just throw lettuce in a bowl with a piece of chicken, and then wonder why I was hungry later. Then at home I’d devour anything. No more of that. I know my body looks the best when I eat proper nutritious meals and at the right times. So I hit the restart button and ended up being a machine in the kitchen! Machine in the gym, Machine in the kitchen!
For breakfasts at work I HAVE to have my oats. I go crazy if I don’t have them now. I usually pack a piece of fruit and then hard boiled egg whites. I bought a carton of the plain egg whites the other day, but didn’t have regular eggs. The solution? An egg white frittata!
This was actually my first time making one and I was nervous it wouldn’t turn out, especially the “flip over” method. But it did! Recipe will be up this week 🙂 So simple.
My prep took me a really long time, but look how good everything looks 🙂
Here’s what’s in the picture:
- Breakfast- Egg white frittata (not pictured are my oats and piece of fruit- apple or orange)
- Lunches- 4 oz of Lean smoked roast beef (thanks Dad! It’s amazing). green beans, 4 oz of mashed sweet potatoes with chives, freekah in the other ones (measured 1/4 cup uncooked for each), broccoli.
- Pre-gym snack: Baked tofu with Garlic & Herb Ms. Dash, edamame
I did stop and have dinner along the way. It was more of the lean roast beef, but I made an open face sandwich using a cooked portobello mushroom. I also used the tomato basil hummus I bought the other night as my condiment.
Now I realize this looks EXTREMELY unappetizing, but it was really delicious. Never judge a book by it’s cover. I also had another shirataki noodle/zucchini/salsa dish combo. Good eats!
Phoebe and I popped in a movie, we watched Silver Linings Playbook. What a great movie! We also had popcorn drizzled with a little PB2 and agave. This takes the cake for my new favorite snack.
Since my body was so sore (if you guys want your booty to WORK do the workout I posted yesterday- seriously I can barely move), I decided to roll out my exercise mat and do some yoga and stretching. I ended up doing a good 25 minutes. It felt good on my body and relaxing too. HOWEVER, Phoebe was not having it. Imagine trying to do downward dog while your dog licks you in the face 😉
“Hey downward dog is my move!”
When I was flat on the mat she really attacked
She just loves her mama, she can’t help it.
That’s it for Monday. Let’s make it a good week!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,