Skinny Minnie Baker
Hey everyone 🙂
Aren’t you so happy it’s Saturday? There’s just something about this day. My version of Saturday is usually Fridays. Where you sleep in, but not too late because you want to enjoy the day, grab a cup of coffee, and just chill for a little bit before you enjoy the day.
Last night I hit my kitchen hard. No, I wasn’t meal prepping. I was taken back to the old days where I used to bake lots of healthy, delicious things that fill that dessert craving. Because of prep, I haven’t been able to do this too much. I have created dessert recipes, but it’s the time issue mostly. I don’t have time to spend a few hours in my kitchen baking. And really if I’m baking in the kitchen chances are I’m upset about something, YEP! Always a clue.
I made these PROAT bars (protein oat).
And these “sugar cookies”.
Both will be featured in my E-Book coming out after my competition (late April!) so stay tuned 🙂
My gym session was legs. I do ONE day a week of super heavy legs, the other 2 make up one day of glutes and a day of mostly unweighted or lightly weighted leg work.
Here are some unweighted things you can do, but still get a killer burn:
- Walking lunges across the gym floor with a high kick. As you alternate legs, the leg that was lunging back kicks high before it lunges forward. 20 reps x 4 sets
- Moving side squats across the gym floor. Squat low, feet together and step out sideways with one leg and squat again. Basically you are moving in a horizontal line. 20 reps x 2 sets
- PYRAMID Bosu lunges on top of the dome. Place one foot on top of the dome and the other leg behind for a single leg lunge (but do both sides), then you will do pushup style burpees with the bosu. On the down, do a dome pushup and back up to finish the burpee with a jump. These are really tough and will get your heart rate up in no time. Let me break down how these work.
- 8 lunges each side, 8 pushup style burpees
- 10 lunges each side, 10 pushup style burpees
- 12 lunges each side, 12 pushup style burpees
- 14 lunges each side, 14 pushup style burpees
If you are extra killer you can work your way back down the pyramid, but I didn’t take any breaks so reaching the top was good enough for me! 🙂
I took full advantage of the empty women’s gym! Never happens. Just me and the weights!
I had to get away because I’ve been trying to HIDE under my hat as you see…
And it’s not working. I guess people love a mystery because now people talk to me more than ever. Who’s under there? 😉
I’ve also been practicing posing of course!
And eating chicken in the car like an animal because I’m oh so classy…
I’m really hoping to get some stuff done around the apartment later today. I had plans to do that last evening, but I said “it can wait” and de-stressed with that baking session. Sometimes it’s needed!
Have a great weekend and get in some good gym sessions 🙂
No time for sitting on the couch mama! Hit the gym!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,
I’m trying to train up and build muscle. How much do you eat a day do you know? Also, do you take rest days? Are they helpful? Thanks!
Well I’m training for something different, so it’s hard for me to give you a number. What works for me will not work for someone else. I take one rest day usually. But if you want to build muscle shoot for 1g of protein per lb of body weight per day!
Thanks for the reply! Basically not to go too in depth I’m trying to build muscle and tone up but currently recovering from an eating disorder, hence why I’m trying to figure out a healthy food amount for someone building muscle. But then I read on a different post that you don’t like answering that question so sorry about that I asked before reading
Haha no it’s okay. It’s just that there is no magic number and I only don’t answer it because my # of calories is MUCH different than someone who just wants to lose a few lbs. but for the most part putting on muscle is 1g of protein for every pound you weigh.