42 to 21, Like the Turkey, Ross is Done!
I hope you chanted that with me… I am a HUGE Friends fanatic. And this is my absolute favorite time of the year. All the Thanksgiving friends episodes are on TV. And since I don’t have the patience to search for all of them to add to my DVR, I took matters into my own hands
Thanksgiving is the best holiday! Not only is it an excuse to eat great things, but it’s a holiday where you focus solely on family and the people you love the most! I love my family and I don’t know what I’d do without them.
AND this is Phoebe Buffay’s FIRST THANKSGIVING! I’m very thankful I have her. I think we make a great pair! What do you think?
Today’s recipe may take you by surprise, and you may even say “WHAT is she thinking? I am not gonna try this!” Have I let you down so far? Good… now just click and give me a chance!
I have to say, it’s different, but so wonderful!
Now it’s gym time!
Wednesday’s are a great gym day for me, because I go spinning! I LOVE to spin. I’ve been doing it for 10 years, and I taught in college. The great thing about spin class is that it always challenges me because of all the different moves. Sprints, standing climbs, jumps, hills, flat roads; it’s all great! You control your own resistance and your own speed.
Don’t let the small bike intimidate you. Yes, you will have bikers butt the first time after you ride, but keep doing it! It gets easier.
If you didn’t enjoy the class the first time, keep trying different instructors. Music really makes a difference in the class. Luckily, I found a great instructor and we are great friends 🙂
Also, if you are a frequent rider, I definitely recommend the spin shoes. It makes a HUGE difference. You don’t have to worry about your feet falling out of the pedals and it makes the ride so smooth!
Today’s class was great and I was a sweaty mess after
After spin class I did some abs
- Side bends using a 25lb plate. 20 reps x 2 sets each side
- Oblique twists using a 25 lb plate. I hold the plate in front of me with both hands, slight bend at the knee and rotate my body from side to side (only rotate from the waist, don’t move your lower body). 20 reps x 2 sets
- Regular planks holding for ONE MINUTE x 2
- Crunches holding a 10 lb kettle bell, 20 reps x 2 sets (slow and steady!)
- Oblique crunches holding a 10 lb kettle bell, 20 reps x 2 sets on each side
- The 100 (Pilates move). Lying down, curl your head and neck off the mat. Keep your arms by your side, lift them up slightly fingers pointing towards toes. Now as your tummy is tight and crunched up (STAY UP!) flutter/pump your hands fast. Breath in for 5 breaths, out for 5 breaths. Do this 10 TIMES to make 100! (As you get the hang of this your legs can be raised up to the ceiling or in a Pilates V where you balance on your butt bones!)
Then I went back for a quick 1 mile run followed by a little arc trainer session to prepare for the eating tomorrow!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
And look at those biceps from yesterday! Are your arms as sore as mine I?
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,