Does anyone else do this when they get home? Granted I come from the gym and it’s probably disgusting, but I guess since I sleep with Phoebe anyway does it really matter? We did our sheets after 🙂
It feels so good sometimes just to do a bed flop. Plus my bed is extremely comfortable, my body just melts into it.
Long week of work, long week of workouts. My bed just welcomed me! But not for long because the little munchkin wants mama up and around since she’s been home by herself all day long.
Pay attention to me!
When I left work yesterday I changed for the gym in a new environment. Still the locker room, but I moved my locker to the roomier section, a PRIME spot. Someone had left and I took advantage real quick. I was previously crammed in the corner of a hallway, last locker on the end, very teeny, with about a foot and a half walking space. CRAMMED! And can you imagine having to change when other people wanted to? It was a nightmare. Liking my new space already!
I even have a bench below it now! Fancy 😉
The gym was a chest day. Remember to do it!
- Bench Chest presses on smith machine- 40 lbs, 15 reps x 4 sets
- Overhead arm swings (okay so I don’t know what to call these). Basically you stand with weights by your side, swing your arms forward and above your head and back down. It’s a complete 180 degrees motion. I did 7.5 lb weights each hand, 10 reps and 4 sets. This made me EXTREMELY sore today. Holy moly.
- Bench Chest Presses 15 lb weights, slow and controlled. Down for 4 counts, up for 4 counts, then 8 pulses at the bottom. Repeat for 4 sets
- Bench Chest Fly’s, 15 lb weights, 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Cable forward pulls, Cables down at waist, pull arms forward and back down. 20-30 lbs, 10-12 reps x 3 sets
- Chest Fly’s with machine, 2 ways
- Heavy weight pressing in with elbows bent. 35 lbs, 8 reps x 4 sets
- Light weight bringing arms out in front (holding with handles), elbows only slightly bent. 15 lbs x 4 sets
My cardio: 30 minutes on the step mill.
Shoulders still a little uneven, but working on it with my chiropractor.
Then finished with TRX work:
- TRX pushups, 12 reps x 4 sets
- TRX bottom up pull up. Balance on heels as low to the ground as you can holding the TRX ropes in front of you. Pull up and back down focusing on your chest to do the work, not your back.
When I came home I made some butternut squash to give me some carbs for the next few days. These are baby butternut squash! So cute. And the aroma when you crack one open is heavenly. So sweet.
I’m ready to hit the gym all this weekend and continue my year of the lean beast streak. Let’s go!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,