Flashback Friday + Hamstrings
Can I get an Amen?
Unfortunately for me I have all these glorious plans to workout, organize things, and stay a busy bee, but again I’m feeling under the weather so we will see how much I get done.
However Phoebe was super happy it was the weekend when I came home last night!
I don’t have too much to share today on the story front as I’m crunched on time with other things, however I thought I’d share some old links for some of my new readers. I’ve blogged so much it’s near impossible to find everything! Here are some of the highlights:
- Lots of ideas for workouts
- My first OCB Bikini Competition
- My E- Book – what I ate to look like the above link 😉
- A quick video showing you an at home ab workout I do
- Phoebe’s story– my favorite
- 28 and bullied. An article that was controversial and I almost didn’t post. I’m glad I did. The response was amazing! Thank you ALL for the kind messages, e-mails, and replies. It really made me take a step back and realize how important words are in this world. 🙂
Two days ago I went back to my roots as far as the workouts go. As I mentioned before I have been flying solo in the gym. I had help to build the muscle, but now it’s GO TIME and I need to be by myself, in the zone, and get that body on point. Of course people gossip like the end of the world has come since I’m working out alone. It’s one of those things where you think “well better to be talked about than to be ignored, right?” I’ll go with that 😉
So when I say I went back to my roots, I mean BARBELL TIME for those stems! Most of my workouts consisted of squats, lunges, and other various forms of leg work with a barbell (about 40-50 lbs). Higher reps, alternating super sets to keep the body guessing. This is what I did the first go around and I think it worked right?
Can you tell I cannot wait to get back up there and do this again!?
I focused a lot on the hamstrings so I thought I would share with you 😀 I used a 40-50 lb bar for all of this. 3-4 sets of each
- Plie squats SLOW, 12 reps
- Alternate the above (immediately) with a narrow squat but bring the bar under your chin (palms face mirror) x 12 reps
- Straight leg dead lifts x 15 reps
- Alternate the above with regular air squats x 10 reps
- Bulgarian split squat (you can go down in weight here), 8 reps each leg
- Alternate the above with glute kickbacks (I lean on a bench and lift my leg SUPER HIGH, squeeze at the top and hold for 1 second) x 8 reps each leg
- Curtsy lunges- NO WEIGHTS. Alternating x 16 reps, at the 16th rep hold low and pulse down for 6, switch legs but stay low, pulse 6 again. REPEAT 3 times!
The last exercise ended up being my favorite. THOSE PULSES. Wow
I also did my normal glute thing to round things out and a few leg extensions to hit the quads. I have to have the pump, but the focus was on long and lean. And let me tell you… HAMSTRINGS ON FIRE THIS MORNING!
Feel the burn 🙂 Hurts so good!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,
PS. This is what my home looks like right now… a constant battle of can Mommy clean up the toys and can Phoebe drag them back out 😉