Happy Birthday Bella!
Happy 6th Birthday to my beautiful niece Bella! Man how time flies. I was in the room when she was born and I cannot believe it’s been 6 years. It seems like just yesterday she was rocking back and forth trying to sit up with her yellow onsie on and listening to Elmo sing about pizza pies! That singing toy was pressed so much the song is forever burned in my brain 🙂
I started my morning with some casein, bananas, grapes, and other stuff I scrounged up.
Before the party, I headed to Starbucks for a huge drink!
Then hit the kiddy party. My sis and her hubby did a great job! Look at all the food and stuff (they had pizza and ice cream too that I didn’t snap)
I had no idea who this girl was… enter old jokes here… but apparently she’s pretty popular with little girls!
The outside par-tay
I did wear a little bit of makeup too! Figured I should at least attempt to be presentable
I headed to G-Mama and Pop Pops after a few hours and we walked the girls!
Phoebe’s hair was blowing in the wind. She’s come a long way these past few months. No more coyote hair
After the walk I headed to the gym for some exercise of my own! It was shoulder day. Woo hoo! I started with 20 minutes on the stair master then hit shoulders. Here’s my workout!
- Rear delt fly’s, 20 lbs each arm, 15 reps x 4 sets
- Anterior delt plate raise, 25 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Shoulder shrugs on smith machine, 115 lbs (crazy!), 12 reps x 4 sets
- Upright rows, 65 lbs (okay this was super tough, I couldn’t go far), 10 reps x 4 sets
- Shoulder presses standing, 15 lbs each hand, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Lateral delt raises, 8 lbs each hand, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Cable single arm diagonal delt raise, 15 lbs. Take the arm farther away from the cable (cable low) pull up and out pointing elbow up at a diagonal. 12 reps x 4 sets each arm
- Cable single arm lateral delt raise, 10 lbs, 10 reps x 3 sets each arm
- Cable single arm Rotator cuff abduction, 15 lbs, 10 reps x 3 sets each arm
- Narrow V pushups. Hands come together (thumbs and index finger touch to make a triangle or V). 10 reps x 2 sets
- Rotator cuff abduction using 8 lb kettle bells, both arms, 12 reps x 3 sets each arm
Wow those shoulders are burning!
I also did another 25 minutes on the elliptical and then a little bit of abs. Just some side bends, torso twists and planks!
Oh and of course my stretching in the stretch cage. Feels so good!
At home we made an easy dinner. Miracle noodles with peach salsa, some leftover tofu, and I ended up making granola again too! I just love my granola.
I also spruced up a fun easter recipe I had saved for Easy Peasy week! How about some Fruity Gummies?
Each little bunny has 13 calories! Made from fresh fruit, gelatin, and a little water only!
I ended my night de-stressing with TV and baking. I have been so stressed out lately from work that it just stays with me. I wish I didn’t bring it home, but unfortunately I do. The gym definitely helps with it though. And so does cooking and blogging!
I’ll be in the gym in the late morning for LEG DAY! I’m really excited for it this week. Bring on the smith machine!
Have a Super Sunday!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,