Leg Slaying Celebration
Happy Monday! Although I don’t know how happy Monday’s actually are, but I’ll go with it anyway! Whenever I say “positive thoughts” it always ends up a bad day, so I’m not sure which way to go with this.
Yesterday morning I woke up with a little pup! Yes I let Phoebe sleep in my bed with me! I sometimes let her on weekends, otherwise during the week she paces the bed and I cannot get any rest for work. I knew it was a safe bet because I stayed up late baking and she was yawning in the kitchen. She fell right asleep!
We had our coffee and a protein shake! Cookies and cream with a whipped banana and almond milk 🙂
And then I hit the gym early! It was leg day and I was ready to go
I started with 20 minutes on the elliptical for a warm up. Then hit legs at full force. I was a little sore, but still slaughtered it!
- Leg presses 240-260 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Calf presses 260lbs-300lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Side squats with 40 lb bar on shoulders, 10 reps x 2 sets alternating
- Curtsy squats with 15 lb kettle (I did a bicep curl and upright row with the lunge), 12 reps x 3 sets each leg
- Regular squats with 40 lb bar IN FRONT, 12 reps x 2 sets
- Good morning hamstrings with 50 lb bar on shoulders, 12 reps x 2 sets
- Stiff leg dead lifts, 95 lbs, 10 reps x 4 sets (yikes I have calluses)
- Squat cleans (so tough!), 40 lbs, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Kettle bell knee lifts (5 lb kettle on foot), 12 reps x 2 sets each leg
- Kettle bell leg lifts (5 lb kettle on foot), 12 reps x 2 sets each leg
- Leg extensions, 80 lbs, 12 reps x 2 sets, then 100 lbs, 10 reps x 2 sets
I also hit the smith machine of course for my squat love 🙂
- Regular squats, 115 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Plie squats 135 lbs, 15 reps x 4 sets
- Calf raises 155 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
My knee was hurting a bit so I had to cool it with lunges! Those bother me the most. But I did hit the bosu ball for some KILLER deep squats. Luckily I have great balance. I did 6 sets of 12 of these squats. I literally squat down as far as physically possible. While balancing on the flat part, my bum skims down to it and back up. Your balance has to be on point for this!
I also finished with another 20 minutes on the arc trainer. I think I ended up doing a little more, I lose track of time when I start talking to someone while cardio-ing.
Lots of stretching, then to G-Mama and Pop Pops I went for Bella’s family birthday party!
There was cake… shocking I skipped!
The girls were all smiles too
After a nap on the couch (guilty again!). I headed home to meal prep and stare at my laundry I never ended up doing.
I also made a goat cheese pita pizza for dinner and had some veggies on the side
Sorry for being a lazy miss, but no recipe today. I’m hoping to have one up tomorrow! This weekend was super busy for me and it was shorter than usual, so I didn’t have a lot of time to do my normal thing. I had plans every day which is SO NOT ME! I guess the loner/hermit is coming out of her shell? Well maybe not, I’m ready to go back in for a while 😉
Make it a good Monday!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,