Just My Pot Luck
Happy Friday to all of you! I am grateful it is Friday because I am HOME! Sorry didn’t mean to rub it in if you are at work 😉
Yesterday at work was pretty fun. I started the morning off in a heated debate with my resident friends about dating. I brought up the rule of “2 points”. In case you don’t know what this is, it means you are not supposed to date someone 2 ratings below or above your own. So if you call someone a 6 out of 10, they shouldn’t date a 3, and certainly shouldn’t date a 10. I’m a pretty opinionated person, and love these types of conversations! Silly, I know, but the conversation was pretty funny and we had a good time while typing our notes for the day. Side note: I am not a superficial person at all, it was just fun to talk about!
For lunch, The PA’s had a Valentine’s Day Pot luck! I share an office with all the other surgical PA’s and we all brought in yummy treats and meals.
Can you spot what I brought in? Yes, that would be the berries, hummus, and then some sweet potato chips. Unfortunately, I found out about the potluck late the day before, so I didn’t have time to make a grand skinny minnie meal. Plus I already have the stigma as the “healthy girl” that eats foods no one else would, so I figured fruit and hummus was a safe bet!
I ate some of my fruit and sweet potato chips, but had a salad from home with chicken breast. I loaded up on my baby romaine lettuce. L for lettuce!
I was able to hang out a little down in our office too and chat. What a difference! And guess what I left early! HOW LUCKY! It felt really good to start my weekend a little early.
Of course I changed and headed to the gym! It was shoulder day 🙂
Started out with the stairmaster again for a little bit then hit shoulders!
- Delt fly’s 20 lb weights, 15 reps x 4 sets
- Side bends with 25 lb plate, 20 reps x 2 sets each side
- Upright rows 20 lb weights, 12 reps x 4 sets, hold at the top for 5 seconds for 2 sets
- Torso twists using 25 lb plate, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Forward delt raise, 12 lb weights (alternating arms), 20 reps x 4 sets
- Standing oblique crunch 12 lb weight in one arm, 12 reps x 2 sets each side
- Rotator cuff open and close with 15 lb weights, 15 reps x 4 sets
- Standing crunch with 15 lb weights above shoulders, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Narrow shoulder press up, open to wide shoulder press down, into pec squeeze and repeat. This is one fluid motion (up, open, down, in). Hold 12 lb weights, 10 reps x 4 sets. Do 2 sets one way, reverse the movement (open, up, down, in) and do 2 sets that way! Really burns!
- Cable cross punches, 20 lbs each side, alternating, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Shoulder pull down with cables, 60 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Lateral raises, 5 lb weights, 20 reps x 4 sets
- Shoulder shrugs, 35 lb kettles, 15 reps x 4 sets
I hit the arc trainer for 15 and then some abs!
- one minute plank (palms for 30 seconds, elbows for 30 seconds)
- side plank with top leg lift x 10 (keep practicing if you can’t do one leg), 35 seconds each side
- Bicycle crunches, 20 reps x 2 sets
- Ab in and outs. Balance on sits bones, abs tight, crunch legs in and out for 12 reps. 2 sets!
I really stretched good too! Felt nice 🙂
I came home to my little Valentine…
At home I made a delicious healthy dinner that included cod, spinach, and spaghetti squash. I wasn’t going to make this a recipe, but I made a quick and easy rub/glaze for the cod and it is by FAR the best rub I have ever made– Minnie’s Maple Rub. It would be selfish of me not to share it!
As you can see I really wasn’t prepare to share this, as the plate isn’t exactly photo friendly on the right side, but I posted anyway because it’s too darn good! I can’t wait to make it again.
Phoebe and I ended our Valentine’s Day catching up on some DVR, cooking, and just chilling out! I love Thursday nights 🙂
Later today we head to G-Mama and Pop Pops and we absolutely can’t wait. It feels like we haven’t seen them in ages! I’ll fill you in tomorrow 😉
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,