Did you have a nice Valentine’s Day? We sure did. Tony and I went to dinner on Saturday to a nice steak house and enjoyed our day together. I told him absolutely NO GIFTS of any kind since we are saving for the house, but he bought me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers I’ve ever seen!
Our actual Valentine’s Day was spent… you guessed it! In the gym.
This picture courtesy of our friend Hannah via Snap Chat. Couples that cardio together… stay together!
I decided to do my own leg workout that day since I wanted more of a glute focus. Here’s what I did:
- HEAVY squats 5 reps, 5 sets
- TRX slow squats. I grab the TRX ropes and slowly lower for a count of 10 then back up for ten. I did this 3 times in a row for 2 whole sets. The focus is in the glutes, using your legs to do all the squatting and not relying on your arms to pull you up.
- Box step ups with a barbell for 5. Followed by 10 step ups with the other leg kicking back to work the glute. One leg at a time for these, then switch.
- Leg extensions, 6 sets heavy
- Finish with a cable hamstring pull through for 15 (see below)
You have to work the glutes on Valentine’s Day! It was appropriate 😉
Anyway, we had a great weekend together and even Phoebe got a toy that she loved.
What else did we get?
If you are an east coaster… I’m sure you are over it like I am. It’s all fun and games when you’re a kid and school is cancelled, but when you’re an adult and have to travel to work in it no matter what… it’s a lot less fun.
I leave you today with an easy smoothie recipe I made yesterday morning. Sorry there isn’t a fancy picture here… this was taken on my snap chat 😉
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup unsweetened flax milk (or almond/cashew)
- 3/4 cup pasteurized egg white
- stevia to sweeten
- handful of ice
It comes out to about 203 calories, 24 g carbs, 3 g fat, and 21 g of protein! YUM!
I hope you have a fabulous Tuesday and if you’re over here freezing like I am, bundle up!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,
Leave a Reply