No Food Shaming
Today I want to talk food. Specifically, lets talk about all the hype behind this Unicorn Frappuccino.
You’re expecting me to say “that’s full of sugar, don’t get it”. “It’s processed, don’t get it”. Nope. I’m going to say, if you want it GET IT.
Who am I to lecture on what you should and shouldn’t eat? To each their own, and I feel like I made that mistake throughout the years here. I guess I never told you “don’t eat that”, but I shared what I eat and why it’s the better option, which I still do believe in. However, I never want anyone to think “oh I’m a bad person for making this food choice full of sugar”. Unfortunately I did think that way at one point.
I was reading a lot about this Unicorn drink and turns out the small size has as much sugar as a 20oz Coca Cola. There’s also no artificial dyes as they use fruit juice concentrate. Could have fooled me. I had zero interest in ordering one, but if you want to drink a unicorn, have at it! No food shaming over here 🙂
Look at what I have been eating the past few weeks:
In between has been chicken breast, salads, lean steaks, and oatmeal, but I’m not going to deprive myself any longer. And I’m over the days of food shaming! Buh Bye Now.
Now on the other spectrum of things Tony told me today he’s starting his diet in two weeks. Call it the honeymoon/wedding diet. I will not be joining him because that man is all or nothing. I absolutely love his dedication but he goes hardcore strict and well…
I like to eat pizza.
I will however try to keep up my end of the bargain by going to the gym a little more regularly. It would be nice to look like I actually have muscle again (turns out if you don’t use it you actually do lose it). Life gets in the way though 🙂
I have big plans to do legs on Wednesday (my day off) and want to give one of my old workouts a whirl. Hopefully there will be no dry heaving 😉
If you want to try it with me tomorrow here it is:
1. Lying hamstring curls, 5 sets of 15, moderately slow tempo, hold the last rep for 5 seconds at the bottom
2. One legged split squats with dumbbell, 5 sets of 12 (foot behind you on bench), hold the dumbbell on the side of the leg that is squatting, and try to increase weight with each set. This one always makes me dry heave a bit… that’s why I mentioned it above!
3. Leg press: 3 sets of 12 with feet low and close together, then 12 reps feet high and wide.
4. Barbell squats- 3 sets of 8
5. Glute ham raises- 3 sets to failure
I’m pretty sure I’m going to be limping to work on Thursday!
I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday. See ya tomorrow.