Now That’s a LEG DAY!
Yesterday morning I started my day with coffee and a protein shake. Then off to the gym I went! Here’s my “okay I still look semi-presentable pre-workout pic”
I was feeling extra beast-like and decided to hit the stair master for a long session. It was QUITE THE SESSION. Check it out
Yep an hour and 2 minutes. I maxed the machine out sprinting at 162 steps per min. I did 6 sets of them, 30 seconds each. By the 5th one I felt like my protein shake was about to make an appearance again… oh boy. I used to sprint all the time on the stairs, but ever since my knee started acting up again I stopped. I had to walk back to the locker room to put my towel away and splash my face a little.
And that was the beginning of my workout! I did legs after! Crazy lady.
Here was my leg routine:
- Squats on the bosu with 50 lb bar on shoulders (crazy girl), 10 reps x 4 sets
- Curtsy Lunges alternating, 20 reps x 2 sets
- Deep squats on bosu, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Hello Hamstrings, 50 lb bar, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Side bends with 25 lb plate, 20 reps x 2 sets each side
- Seated calf raises, 90 lbs, 10 reps x 3 sets
- Leg curls, 90 lbs, 12 reps x 3 sets
- Leg extensions, 90-100 lbs, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Torso Twists, 25 lb plate, 10 reps x 4 sets
Oh and those shorts? Target! They have the spandex built in underneath! Why did it take so long to come up with these? I used to double layer all the time as a teen, now built in!
Then some smith machine love:
- Squats, 115 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Plie Squats, 115 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Calf raises, 145 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Leg presses (I just wanted to flush my legs out some, I can’t do these with heavy weights because it hurts my knee!), 90 lbs, single leg 8 reps x 1 set each leg, then both legs, 12 reps x 2 sets
After stretching it out, I went home, showered, ate a quick bite, then got ready to meet a friend for a pedicure!
We went to the mall and chatted while getting our toesies pretty! She is the resident I talked about the other day, with whom I operated with. It’s fun to see her outside of work! She’s a lot like me and doesn’t go out to bars or anything like that, that’s why we click 🙂
My feet definitely deserved the treatment after that leg day! You’re welcome little tootsies 😉
After the pretty pedi’s, I picked up Phoebe at home and we headed to G-Mama and Pop Pops! I didn’t stay long, just enough to let the pups see each other. I also watched a few wedding shows from Friday night with mama.
I spent the majority of my night cleaning my apartment. Bathroom, kitchen, floors, vacuum, ya know the works. Even if I scrub every single day, my little rugrat steps in her water dish and then ruins the floors within 2 minutes. I need to do something about this!
I ended the night making a new recipe to take with me in my lunches. I had a large thing of bok choy I desperately needed to use, but didn’t want to make it plain. For a little something different, enjoy a Bok Choy Salad!
Arms coming my way later. I hope my Monday is smooth and I get out on time! I had a great weekend and I hate to see it come to an end!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,