T- 6 days
The countdown is on for my vacation! Lately it’s all I think about. There’s just something really exciting about getting on a plane to go somewhere! Plus, I always feel very grown up when I go to the airport alone 🙂
I really enjoy an airport coffee too. Starbucks of course, but there’s just something about getting one when you know you are going somewhere exciting.
Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was EXHAUSTED on Tuesday night so I just came home and became a couch potato, even at the gym I was so tired so we had to do chest and move the legs to the next day.
I’m glad we did because Coach made me go RIDICULOUSLY HEAVY! At one point I was sitting on the floor, out of breath, unable to move. I’m determined to get these tree trunks growing. Coach really pushes me and if I don’t go low enough in a squat or go slow enough when releasing the weight, he makes me do it over! I give him the “Katie eyes” meaning you better be glad I have all this weight on me right now 😉 Otherwise I’d be throwing punches.
So let me share my workout with you guys!
- Hamstring curls, lying, x 3 sets
- Leg Presses x 4 sets. I maxed 270 pounds for 8 reps! Knees to chin! Holy moly. That’s 55 more pounds than my last max, I couldn’t believe it.
- Leg extensions, 5 sets
- More hamstring curls lying, I maxed 130 lbs! Again I couldn’t believe this. We do drop sets on this. Start heavy for as many as you can, then go lighter, then go lighter again to fatigue the muscle.
- Squats. I go lighter to prevent a back injury. 75 lbs. BUTT TO GROUND! As low as you can. 4 sets
- Glutes: this is where I almost didn’t make it to today 😉
- Smith machine sit squats. Feet go further out in front of you, a good foot ahead from your hips. Feet together, squat down as low as you can and back up for 10. Go LIGHT on the weight
- Superset the above with hip raises on a bench using a barbell at your waist. Glutes down to the floor, then back up, squeezing at the top for 10 reps.
- Repeat this sequence 2 more times!
- Cable kickbacks each leg for 3 sets
- Finish with step ups on the box. Focus on one leg at a time, kick back one leg for a glute squeeze at the top of the box. 10 reps each side. I held 10 lb weights to add a little extra. 🙂
Grow quads grow!
And the bum!
So that was yesterday. Do this workout, it’ll be a good one! Or at least try the smith machine sit squats. A different exercise for me and I really felt the burn. Loved it.
I’ll be back tomorrow. Speaking of back! Today is back day yippee 🙂
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne
I can really see a lot of growth in your booty and quads! When you talk about Coach it reminds me so much of when I had a coach, I was always glaring. Hated the workout but loved the results they got me!! It’s just a love/hate relationship isn’t it ;)? At least today’s your Friday!!! Have a great day 🙂
muscle growth definitely coming through! Coach is working you hard. have great weekend 🙂