“Tri” to Push Yourself!
So usually I start these posts with the beginning of my day, what I did, etc. Well I am just too excited to start from the beginning, because I finally have a tricep!
It’s extremely hard for me to have any sort of tricep. Well I guess that goes for women in general. But lift heavy ladies and it’ll happen! I did arms yesterday (biceps and triceps), we will get back to this in a bit!
I started the morning with another Ezekiel english muffin, this time topped with just strawberries mashed up and Goji powder
Another paper plate! G-Mama will not be happy. Actually I was at the gym the other day when she was reading my blog and I received this text:
After going to the store for a few necessities like almond milk and greek yogurt (sorry but I just can’t pay Whole Foods prices for something I can get cheaper at Safeway), I picked up Phoebs and off we went to G-Mama and Pop Pops. I told Phoebe to enjoy this day because 4 long work days are in our future! I always feel so guilty about leaving her all day long, but hey gotta pay the bills 🙂
We lounged on the couch together…
After chit chat and tv (G-Mama and I love to watch “The Talk” and disagree with everything they say), I chugged a protein shake and headed to the gym. I used my last new flavor packet and it was a vanilla one. Didn’t care for it. Thank goodness that strawberry one I ordered is on it’s way!
The gym was pretty crowded so I couldn’t snag a stairmaster, but it’s good to change things up. I used the elliptical that is also a stair stepper too. If you’ve ever used this machine before you know it’s extremely hard to get the hang of and you have to have a lot of coordination to do it. I used to do it every day until I discovered my love for the stairs! I did about 22 minutes before heading to arm work 🙂 Remember to alternate the bicep and tricep exercises so you have minimal breaks and burn more!
- Cross hammer curls using 15 lb dumbbells. (elbow in tight to body, hammer curl on a diagonal up to opposite shoulder and back down, I do one arm at a time), 12 reps x 2 sets each side
- Single arm overhead diagonal tricep extension, 15 lb dumbbells, 10 reps x 2 sets each side
- upper cut punches 15 lb dumbbells, 12 reps x 3 sets (alternating arms)
- bent over tricep kick backs with 15 lb dumbbells, 12 reps x 3 sets (both arms)
- Cable Tricep overhead pulls with rope, 40-45 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Cable tricep pulldowns with rope, 40-45 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Reverse hammer curls with cable rope (rope towards bottom, pull up and curl), 40 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Tricep overhead plate extensions, 25 lbs, 10 reps x 3 sets
- Bicep curls using the plate, 25 lbs, 10 reps x 3 sets
- Drag curls (these are bicep curls TIGHT to your body, the bar literally skims your torso), 30 lb bar, 10 reps x 3 sets
- Reverse tricep press on the bench using 30 lb bar (lay down, bar in air, underhand grip, press down into ribcage and back up)- 12 reps x 3 sets
- Weighted bench dips (10 lb plate in lap, dip down off the bench like a backwards pushup and back up), 10 reps x 3 sets
Then moved onto arc trainer madness!
I’m telling ya, my arms are going to be SORE later. I’m hoping I won’t have to go into the OR at work for a day or so because my arms are going to be no help at all! When I was walking out I could barely carry all my bags, I was already feeling it!
At home I made this dinner:
And worked on a fabulous new recipe for you guys! Well where is it?
ON MY FLOOR!
Okay it’s no longer on the kitchen floor, I cleaned it up. But I was SUPER upset. I worked so hard, then all of a sudden my arm hits the tray of goodness, and down it went, ruined all over the floor. So yeah recipe will be skipped today because I am a clumsy person… sorry!
However, I did meal prep for my work week!
I didn’t take pics of everything but here is the finished product!
The baggies are my “white coat stuffers”- My emergency food for when I don’t get lunch!
Back to the work week I go. Eager to learn and earn money! Makes me appreciate my weekends so much more though! Oh and my time with Phoebe. I just have a dog, so I can’t imagine how people with children do it! God bless ya if you’re a mom out there reading this! 🙂
Il’l be working out at home when I get off work. Tuesday’s are my hardest day to get motivated. I get about 3 hours of sleep because I usually stay up to write these the night before and publish in the morning. The first day back is tough!
But I gotta get my butt in the gym even if it’s short- maintaining is key! I can’t lose what I worked so hard for!
XOXO With a Cherry on Top,