If you are like me and are in the gym, you can’t do a workout without good music. Seriously one time my phone died and I left the gym. I just can’t do it! To stay motivated and “focused” I’ve been creating weekly playlists to pump me up. Not all fasts songs, and sometimes I keep the same songs on the next week, but I always add old and new.
So what am I listening to right now? Here’s a peek:
- Something in the Water- Carrie Underwood
- All I Want For Christmas Is You- Mariah Carey (in my opinion the most fun Christmas song! I love sprinting on the spin bike to it)
- Dear Future Husband- Meghan Trainor (You know her she sings All About That Bass, SUPER catchy tune!)
- Take Me To Church- Hozier (my current song OBSESSION, a little dark and creepy, right up my alley)
- I Love You- Celine Dion (okay I just love this song, not sure why, but it’s so powerful, my favorite line? “I wish I could go back to the very first day I met you”, you’d never know it but deep down inside I have a mushy side)
- Uptown Funk- Bruno Mars
- Blank Space- Taylor Swift
- Dangerous- David Guetta
- Try- P!NK
- Back to the Earth- Jason Mraz
- If It Kills Me (From the Casanova Sessions)-Jason Mraz (one of my top 3 all time favorite songs. Tears at the heart strings)
- Anaconda-Nicki Minaj (sorry but you have to have this on glute day!)
- My Love- Justin Timberlake (well duh)
- Live Like You Were Dyin’- Tim McGraw (it reminds me to live in the moment)
- Work- Lil Jon (my favorite Zumba track)
- Lady Patra- Iggy Azalea (this is my favorite song of hers)
- Like a Prayer- Madonna (YOU NEED SOME MADONNA!)
Obviously that’s some of my tunes over the past few weeks combined. Music makes my workouts. When a certain track comes on or when the beat drops… well I’m sure it’s a funny experience for people around me. I’ve been known to dance on the step mill.
So what’s been going on with me lately with workouts? Well if you follow my instagram page you may have seen this…
This is a few weeks of hard work. Back on the diet game. For what reason? Well I’ve been going out to a lot of lunches and dinner, having some wine here and there with friends and I started to feel BLAH. I felt sluggish, fatigued, and my skin was getting worse. It was time to get back to clean eating. Also, I’m really hoping for a fun trip early spring this year to a tropical location (I haven’t had a vacation like that in a while), so it’s time to get that bikini body ready!
My workouts have not changed. Everything is the same as it was. Lifting heavy, doing cardio. I’m eating plenty of carbs and keep my body fueled with the RIGHT carbs. Sweet potatoes, forbidden black rice, fruit here and there. No junk!
Crazy what a few weeks can do huh?
This dish I threw together on Sunday night because I like my veggies with a crunch.
In here you will find raw asparagus, water chestnuts, and hearts of palm (yum!). A small balsamic vinegar drizzle on top and you have the perfect veggie snack.
I would love to sit back and say eating this way is easy, but I’d be a hypocrite. Yes I love the way I feel when I’m eating clean and healthy foods, but it’s also a decision I have to make daily. I’d love to grab for the cookie, or go buy some chick fila nuggets from the hospital cafeteria (yes we have those!), but I make the better choice. So if you think you are alone with the daily struggle, you are not!
Speaking of struggles. Yesterday I got up for work, showered, put my hair up wet…
Then a few hours later I took it down and this happened.
Hair so big it’s full of secrets 😉 *Mean girls quote*
What I look like at work is obviously not a priority to me. Yesterday was clearly a HAT DAY at the gym 😉
Anyways, my skin regimen video will be up this week so stay tuned for that.
Have a terrific Tuesday!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,
I keep saying I’m going to make a playlist …. it never happens. I always say I feel like I spend more time finding the right music than working out!!!
haha I just go through my music and say oh I haven’t jammed out to this in a while!
Where do you get your music? I always say I will make a play list, but I don’t feel like buying all of the songs.
I buy from Itunes
Chelsea @ Raw N' Toned
Yes to so many of these songs!!! And I can’t wait for the skin video, been looking forward to it! Hope you had a great day girl!
🙂 def doing this weekend