I Love Daylight
We’ve made it to Wednesday! Not so bad right? I guess I’m saying this because my work day was a complete 180 from last week. I wasn’t super busy (I know I am jinxing myself right now), and I left early in anticipation that one day this week I will probably leave late. I hate to just sit around and do nothing when I can go to the gym a little earlier or do some chores around the apartment. Really I only left a half hour earlier than my normal time, but for some reason this seems like such a difference! I guess because there is no traffic on my way to the gym.
I think back to this time last year and I was slaving away doing night shift in labor and delivery. Even though my job now is stressful, I’m so much happier with a normal schedule! Daylight is a fabulous thing. So is going to the gym AFTER work, as opposed to before work then rushing to get ready for it. It’s so much better to workout then be done with your day and relax! I will never do night shift again. I can say I experienced it for a year, I did my time, and I’m done with it forever!
Not really much to say on the work front because nothing really happened. Lunch was good though! Chicken Breast with spaghetti squash, asparagus, and some zucchini. Of course covered in hot sauce. It wouldn’t be chicken without hot sauce after all 🙂
I finished up the few work tasks I had to do, then changed for back day!
Once I arrived at the gym I did my cardio first. I usually mix it in with my lifting, and lately I’ve been starting with lifting, but I have one elliptical in particular I love and there is ONE of them in my gym! It was empty so I snagged it the second I got there. I did 20 minutes, then 15 on the stairmaster before those filled up too!
Then it was time for back:
- Low back extensions on stand holding 10 lb weight. 10 reps x 2 sets over the top and extending back up. Then 20 reps x 2 sets (alternating), over the top and extending up with a side twist/extension.
- Oblique bends on stand holding 10 lb weight, 15 reps x 2 sets each side
- Lat pulldowns with high cables. Both arms 50-60 lbs, 12 reps x 4 sets, then single arm pulls, 40-50 lbs, 10 reps x 3 sets each arm
- Wide grip rows with 50 lb bar, 15 reps x 4 sets
- Underhand grip rows with 50 lb bar, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Kettle bell swings with 30 lbs, 20 reps x 3 sets
- Single arm kettle bell swings, 20 lbs, 10 reps x 2 sets each arm
- Back shrugs holding 35 lb kettles each arm, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Stiff leg dead lifts with 35 lb kettles each arm, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Dead Lift pulses holding 45 lb plate. Bend over like a stiff leg dead lift and do small back extension pulses up. 10 reps x 4 sets (THESE BURN!)
- Narrow bent over rows holding 17.5 lb weights, 12 reps x 4 sets
- Seated lat rows (machine) 75-85 lbs, 10 reps x 4 sets
I didn’t realize how much back work I did until I just typed it all out! Phew! I skipped the super heavy dead lifts and squat dead lifts because my knee is bothering me a bit. I improvised with kettles and my back was really feeling it!
After nice long stretching I headed home!
When I pulled up to park someone had made a snowman! But he was all melted 🙁
At home I ate my Buffalo Chicken Protein Casserole , some veggies and a salad!
I really didn’t do too much more besides my regular blogging and chores. I swear for one person I do more laundry than anyone I know! It’s because I go through so many gym clothes. I really wish I could teach Phoebe to do laundry!
Depending on how I feel later determines if I go to the gym or not. Lately after a heavy back day I have been super sore, and frankly I am only a few hours out (as I write this) and I am already feeling it! So it will probably be a rest day for me! I have a nice long weekend coming my way to catch up on things too 🙂
No real Phoebe update. She has been a good little girl. Just chewing her bones and being cute 🙂 The usual!
Have a great day!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,